Concealer is one of my favorite makeup gems. I look at my concealer like an eraser. Have a blemish... Conceal it! Is your natural lip color too dark... Conceal it! Concealers come in different formulas, like a stick for those that need a little heavier coverage (Cle de Peau makes the best). Or in a pod for the really really heavy duty days (check out Laura Mercier). Or my personal favorite Armani High Precision Retouch #3 (the perfect concealer). Once you have found your perfect fit, try some of these tips and tricks to up your concealer game at home!
- Use on lips before applying lip color. This will helps neutralize darker natural lip tone and enhances the lipstick color.
- Mix with eye cream for a lighter texture. Don't forget to always pat gently with your ring finger.
- Need a little more coverage to your foundation, mix a little bit of your concealer with your foundation.
- Use as an eyeshadow primer or put on your eyebrow to lighten your eyebrows.
- Use to clean up after applying your lip stick or eyebrows. Best to use a concealer brush to get that perfect clean line.
- If you have a concealer that is too light, use it as a hilighter!
- Want the perfect cat eye? Use your concealer to clean up the wing tip and extend the line.
- Apply a lighter shade and blend, to the Nasolabial and Marionette fold to help dimish the look of sagging.
Just in case you were wondering what a Nasolabial or Marionette fold was.
Take your concealer and go forth. If you have a great tip or trick you want to share, leave a comment and I will add it to this post. Share your perfectly concealed look at #mimibloves on any social media.