Our skin sometimes does as it pleases. I just hate when I wake up and look in the mirror and see little red things or tiny lines living on my face. There are times when you can't help it, but there are also steps we can take to keep our skin clean, hydrated and looking young. Here are some of our favorite tips:
- Wash your make up brushes weekly.
- If you use towellets to wash the face, splash with water afterwards to remove any residue.
- Wash your face every night, 365 days a year, 5 pm is better than never.
- Change hand towels every 2-3 days and pillow cases once a week. It’s amazing what can collect on those things. Plus, think about who else uses your hand towels!
- Use a clean wash clothes every time for the face (if you do). Old soap, skin and make up make quite the bacteria cocktail!
- Frequently wash head bands/hats or anything else where those germies can hide.
- Lastly, don’t touch your face and disinfect your phone every day. Do I even have to go into how dirty those things get?
It takes a lot of work being clean, but clean girls have good skin.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep (I get about 10 hours)
.- No smoking. It's just gross and really bad for your skin.
- Smile! Stress and unhappiness cause wrinkles (11's) and break outs. So, don't worry (it's not worth a wrinkle), be happy!
- Never sleep with makeup on. Even if you come home at 3 am after a night of fun...
- Don't ever, ever, ever, pick anything on your face. It causes scars and could get infected. No matter how tempting it is, just don't.
- Drink lots and lots of water. When you have drank enough, drink three more cups! Water hydrates the skin from the inside AND flushes out toxins.
Yes, I know there are days where we just can't do it all. Remember we only get one face, so we have to take care of it as best we can. We want to know what are some of your favorite rules to good skin?